Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Show (Presidency) About Nothing

I will admit that sometimes it is hard to look at things with the stone cold stare of neutrality. Putting ideology and biases aside is not always easy, especially when one is a devout ideologue. I can be certain though it is becoming pretty apparent that we have a complete incompetent in the Oval Office. Something along the lines of an executive level Dennis the Menace. It is safe to predict that if he were anybody's employee in the private sector he’d be fired. If he were an investment you’d sell now just to cut your losses.

He is reminding me more and more of that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer kinda gets a job. It goes like this:

KRAMER: What did you want to see me about, Mr. Leland?

LELAND: Kramer, I've.. been reviewing your work.. Quite frankly, it stinks.

KRAMER: Well, I ah.. been havin' trouble at home and uh.. I mean, ah, you know, I'll work harder, nights, weekends, whatever it takes.. (OK, admittedly THIS part takes MUCH imagination on the part of the reader)

LELAND: No, no, I don't think that's going to, do it, uh. These reports you handed in. It's almost as if you have no business training at all.. I don't know what this is supposed to be!

KRAMER: Well, I'm uh, just--tryin' to get ahead..

LELAND: Well, I'm sorry. There's just no way that we could keep you on.

KRAMER: I don't even really work here!

LELAND: That's what makes this so difficult.

We have Kramer at the helm. Incidentally, there is also an episode where Kramer becomes a communist after he is influenced by Elaine's boyfriend. Except, our Kramer is not experimenting. He is the real deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment